For many, the holidays mean a celebration we will never forget and a house full of loved ones making happy memories. Others use the holidays to treat themselves after a year well-lived. Whatever the source of your joy this holiday season, a refreshed kitchen is a terrific way to celebrate - and delight holiday guests if you have them.
New window treatments can completely transform your kitchen without an expensive or inconvenient remodel. They can also complement any other remodeling work you have had done already to polish the aesthetic you hoped to achieve.
Location Matters When Picking Window Treatments
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your home, but it is also one of the messiest. Steam from that perfect pot of pasta or oil splatter from your favorite homemade fries can take a toll on nearby decor items. This includes any window treatments that live in the splash zone for your sink, your stove, or other common work areas.
If your window treatments will hang in this area, you should select their materials with care. Choose designs - like PVC-based treatments - that will not warp with constant exposure to heat and moisture. Also consider that you will need to clean them often, and pick window treatments you can quickly wipe down on cleaning day.
Five Options for Stunning Kitchen Windows
Whether your windows sit in the splash zone for cooking messes or not, you have an array of designs and materials to choose from that can add warmth and texture or complement kitchens that feature more color.
- Woven wood shades provide texture and depth to a kitchen with a more neutral palette. Both classy and eclectic, they have a visual appeal that cannot be denied. These work best in areas out of the cooking or cleaning splash zone.
- Roman shades present a timeless style that will always impress! These come in an array of colors and textures that can suit any existing décor. They are, however, made of cloth, so you will want to keep them out of messier areas of your kitchen.
- Faux wood blinds remain a solid, easy-to-maintain choice for any room of your home. These allow you control over the levels of light and privacy you want for your kitchen while providing a subtle yet chic style statement. They are easy to clean up, so they are ideal for your kitchen splash zones.
- Wood shutters have a classic, rustic charm that maintains its appeal year after year. They are also easy to clean, and so present a good choice for areas with heavy steam or spatter. It is worth noting that faucets and other fixtures can affect how these swing open, so plan accordingly!
- Roller shades have clean lines and unbeatable simple functionality. They come in many colors and textures, as well as a variety of materials to match the look you hope to achieve. If you intend to hang a roller shade in your cooking splash zone, choose a vinyl shade for easy cleaning. For extra convenience, get your shades powered with motorization and you can go hands-free! Just connect them to a smart speaker - like Amazon Echo, Google Home, or Apple HomePod.
All About Blinds & Shutters Has Your Holiday Style
Refresh your home this holiday season so you can start the new year right - with a fresh kitchen and a fresh perspective. Contact All About Blinds & Shutters to find out how we can exceed your expectations!