Fall is a great time to spruce up your window treatments and give your home a fresh update before the busy holiday season begins. The best thing is that you do not need to invest a lot of money to give your drapes or curtains a new look with these latest fall trends.
Add a Punch of Color or Sparkle with Tiebacks
As the days grow shorter, you will want to take advantage of enjoying sunlight as much as possible. You can create new focal points in your room decor with colorful, unique tiebacks to add visual appeal to your window treatments.
- Add a little sparkle to your curtains with a gold or silver chain tieback. Spray pieces of basic heavy weight chain with spray paint to give your window treatments a fast and inexpensive update.
- Install vintage door knobs to either side of your windows for an interesting take on boring tieback hooks. Check out second hand stores or thrift shops for old door knobs that you can easily spruce up with some metal polish and a little elbow grease.
- Make a fashion statement by using old or new leather belts to give your drapes an eclectic look. Choose from solid colors or a patterned look for a bold look.
Discover and Explore Your Artistic Side
Think of your plain white curtains as a canvas just waiting to come to life. One of the latest fall trends is to create your own designs on your plain window treatments. You do not have to be Picasso, only basic painting skills are needed along with some acrylic paints, brushes, and stencils from the craft store.
- Add a vintage feel to plain white linen café curtains in your kitchen or bathroom by adding a stripe of color. Choose a bright color that will liven up and add visual appeal to your curtains.
- Create a custom, monogrammed look to plain valances by stenciling initials with a contrasting paint.
- Transform plain and inexpensive drapes to a work of art with interesting patterns that you can achieve by using stencils and spray paint. Design your own fabrics and express your creativity.
Take advantage of these easy fall trends to create a new look in your home and get ready for the compliments you will hear from your guests this holiday season. For more window design ideas, contact the window experts at All About Blinds & Shutters in Jacksonville.