Get a leg up on the hottest décor trends for window treatments in 2013. We guarantee your home is going to look fabulous!
Innovative usually isn’t the first term you think of when you think of window treatments, but we believe that you are going to pleasantly surprised at the sheer number of excellent and forward thinking options available for 2013.
- Roman Shades – The popularity of Roman shades is making a comeback in a big way for 2013. Constructed from tightly woven wood, these understated blinds imbue a space with subtle color and simple style. Furthermore, they provide the perfect option for allowing natural light within a space, while still maintaining the utmost in privacy.
- Bamboo Shades – There are a number of reasons why bamboo shades are so hot this season. First and foremost, they are made from bamboo, a sustainable wood, which makes them quite eco-friendly. Secondly, these blinds are available in a wide range of opacity, allowing you to easily customize how much light is allowed into room. Bamboo shades are also usually accompanied by:
- Motorized Window Shades – Did you know that almost all kinds of window treatments can be motorized with the addition of AC/DC current and electronic controls? Adding a motor is ideal for window treatments that are in hard to reach places, like bath tubs or skylights. Having these motorized options available also eliminates the hanging cords that can be dangerous to small children and pets. With the flick of a button, you are able to control the amount of natural sunlight in your space.
- Retractable Screens – Retractable screens are quickly becoming popular, because they provide a homeowner with the ability to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors that an unobstructed view, while still being protected from outdoor pests and being provided with ventilation. Unlike most other kinds of conventional screen doors, these screens hide from view, in their own housing compartment, when not in use.
- Honeycomb Shades – Finally, honeycomb shades offer the perfect blend of pleasing aesthetic visuals and functionality, when it comes to window treatments. The insulating effect that these shades provide will enable a homeowner to stay warm in the winter, but cool in the summer. Honeycomb shades are available in different levels of opacity, and they can often be used in a number of different applications.
These are just a few of the hottest ideas for 2013! If you see something that catches your eye, make a note to talk about with your interior decorator. It is a New Year, and it is time for a new look for your home!