During winter, the days are short, and it seems like we are always short on time. Here are few recipe suggestions you can use to prepare a delicious and nutritious dinner in the shortest amount of time possible!
We promise that when you plan ahead, making weeknight dinners is going to be an absolute breeze. We voted, and here are 5 of our favorite, simple to make dishes that won’t take too much prep time. If you’ve got some extra time, go ahead and add a side dish or dessert, but these dishes will be delicious all on their own.
- Spaghetti with Turkey Chili – When you see snow falling through your draperies or the biting cold is chilling your bones, a good, hearty meal is exactly what you need. Turkey can easily be ground into a delicious chili and served over spaghetti noodles for a meal that can be prepared in just under 30 minutes.
- Maple Glazed Chicken – For another delicious, 30 minute recipe, try tossing strips of chicken breast with apples, maple syrup, and a few of your favorite vegetables for quick dinner. Maple syrup is a usual choice for a glaze, but it enhances the flavor of the chicken to perfection.
- Salisbury Steak Garnered With Mushrooms – Add sage to ground beef and fashion it into patties. Grill the patties until they are cooked all the way through and garnish them with sautéed mushrooms. Served with a side of buttered noodles, this dish is hearty and full of delicious flavors!
- Stewed Chicken With Andouille – This delicious and filling dish uses chicken thighs that have been mixed with hunks of Andouille sausage. Add in some stewed okra before you chow down, and you have a meal that will stick to your stomach on the coldest of days. It only takes about 45 minutes to prepare, and the end result will be well worth your efforts!
- Thai Pork and Noodles – Skip the expensive trip to the restaurant and make your own quick, Asian inspired dish! Thai noodles are boiled and mixed with glazed pork chops. The secret ingredient that makes this dish stand out? Brown sugar! Use a generous amount to imbue the pork with a delicious sweetness! Green snap peas make a great addition to the dish.
These are just a few of our favorite cold weather recipes! When you have the right ingredients on hand, most of the meals can be prepared in just 30 minutes, and the wide range of flavor combinations will be a treat for your taste buds. Make sure to let us know what you think!